Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Contentment.

There is a site on Face Book that I have fallen in love with.  It is Positive Inspirational Quotes.
Today they had one on there that sums up how I have felt for sometime.


It is so easy to fall into the if onlys of life....

If only.....
I had a different job.
I lived in a different house.
I had this or that.

Contentment is something we have forgotten about lately... me included.
We all have so much to be thankful for, and yet we overlook what we have.
The grass is always greener... somewhere else we think.

Until we are reminded by the terrible situations of life... that we indeed are blessed.






So, today I am endevoring to change.

Insead of complaining to God or your spouse or friend about...

That job that drives you crazy.
Or that hateful person that is always on your case.
Or what you want and do not have.

Say 3 things about the situation that you are thankful for.

I am thankful for a job in this economy.
I am thankful I have the health to work.
I am thankful for skills that God gave me to work.

It is all in how you look at it. 

I have found that after a day of trying not complain but say my thank you's I am a much happier person!
And look at life alot differently.
Hope it helps you too!






No comments:

Post a Comment