Friday, June 29, 2012

Let Go and Let God!



First I want to thank all of you for your prayers for Colorado! God's mercies are new every morning! He will bring beauty from these ashes, and good will come out of it all! I will keep you posted now and then as to how things are going with the wildfires, but for now I want to share what God has been whispering the last few days. Finally, I got quiet enough to listen!

So often when things like the past week happen, we are so swept up in what WE are going to do. Or, concentrate on the crisis at hand so much we do not have a quiet time with God. To give HIM this crisis, and be still!

It took me getting back in the garden to finally be quiet so that He could show me His Love.

Mattew 13 is a chapter of sowing seeds. Many sermons have been preached about The Parable of the sower, as to how we receive God's word in our lives,
But do you remember further in Matthew 13 there is a Parable of the weeds?

24. Jesus told them another parable: The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field.
25. But while everyone was sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat, and went away.
26. When the wheat sprouted and formed heads the weeds also appeared.

Jesus later explained that the one who sowed the good seed is the Son of Man (Jesus), the field is the world, the good seed stands for the sons of the kingdom (believers), and the weeds are sons of the enemy, the devil. They were seperated at harvest.
As I was on my hands and knees weeding, I began to think of what weeds are in my life. I weed and weed, and in a week or two I have to weed again. Why?

If the plants, the good seed, is like the word of God in my life, what are the weeds?

Stress, discontentment, unforgiveness, worry? How about pride, angry words spoken in haste, lust for more "things" of this world? The list could go on and on... strongholds, addictions, and a cold heart.

God wants his word to take root in our lives. He wants us to not be stangled by the weeds of this world. But that takes a choise on our part.

To nuture His word, like we do our garden. We water it, till it. And remove the weeds so the plants (His word) can grow.

Perhaps I have to continue to weed (in my life)  because I have allowed to much of the world to crowd into my life and crowd His word sowen in my heart.


Changing is a choise.  So as I was weeding , and on my knees (good position :)  ), I began to pull the weeds and ask God for forgiveness in my letting some of my weeds in.  Made me realize how much I have been doing that lately.
So, each weed had a name.... there goes worry.... there goes frustration... 
By the time I had weeded the small area, I felt better in more ways than one.  We all are a "work in progress", and God is always tending us. Nurturing us and Loving us. 
His mercies are new every morning for all of us!
Hugs, Ma and Pa

1 comment:

  1. This is such an inspiring post. It will be good to do a little bit of weeding every now and then and thank God for the beautiful seeds that he has sown.

    ReplyDelete