Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Homemade Cleaning Wipes

This particular homemade cleaning product is my personal favorite!  I saw the recipe on One Good Thing by Jillee awhile back and I have been making my version ever since. 
 
My ingredients for the wipes are almost like Jillee's but I add more ammonia.
 
1C water
1/4 C rubbing alcohol
2 Tab. Dawn
1/4 C ammonia
 
I like the lemon ammonia when I can find it. Usually I make 2 recipes of this for my container, so that I have plenty of cleaning liquid. 
 
 
 I cut 2 tee shirts up, 5"x7" each and have the rags handy to put in my container. 
 

 
There is about 8 or more in the container right now, but I will go through those in a good cleaning day, so when I do, there is plenty of liquid left and I add more rags. 
 
What do I use them for? 
 
*Anything you would use a Clorox wipe for.
*Cleaning counter tops.
*Kitchens.
*Bathrooms.
*Walls.
 
Jillee suggested using them with a swifter floor cleaner to scrub the floor.  I was not happy with that result, I instead get on my hands and knees and clean my tile floors - remember I live in a mobile home, and do not have alot of area to clean. However I just ordered some microfiber clothes that are the size of wash clothes that I think might work... they will scrub better.  I will still use this recipe with them.
 
So, if I have a few minutes to clean, I will always have a "wipe" in my hand cleaning something.  The wipes are then placed in the washer and cleaned with the next load, so you do not have to have tons of wipes available.
 
The cost is so small... and everything feels, smells, and looks so clean...  Give it a try!
 
Happily scrubbing..
Ma and Pa
 


1 comment: